Psychotherapy - Meet Amber Law Collaborator, Fabio D'Apice
I work with individual clients on either a short-term counselling basis or a longer term, more psychotherapeutic approach.
If you have recently experienced a specific difficulty you feel unable to deal with, such as anxiety or depression, counselling can provide an opportunity to share your worries, gain insight and find a way forward. Alternatively, you may feel a more general dissatisfaction with aspects of your life or may be aware that you have often found it difficult to deal with certain situations. In this case, you may find psychotherapy or psychosexual therapy particularly helpful. Examples of difficulties that may bring people to counselling or psychotherapy can include:
- Personal relationships (I also work with couples)
- Relationship problems with family, friends or work colleagues
- Sexual difficulties
- Difficulty in communicating with others/assertiveness
- Stress-related problems
- Emotional crisis
- General dissatisfaction with lifestyle
- Difficulty in finding meaning/aims in life
I use an integrative humanistic approach, which means that I employ knowledge and experience of a range of counselling theories with my clients, drawing from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Existentialist Psychotherapy, Gestalt Therapy and Transactional Analysis, and Psychoanalysis.
My name is Fabio and I am Psychoanalytically trained in the Freudian tradition. My work also draws from other psychoanalysts such as Melanie Klein, W. Bion, D. Meltzer, Winnicott, and Bowlby. I also specialise in Psychosexual and Couple Therapy.
My work is bound by a code of ethics as required by the BACP (The British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy), COSRT (College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists) and the ECCa (European Certificate of Counsellor Accreditation). I am in clinical supervision and attend regular professional development workshops to enhance abilities to work with specific issues and I am fully insured.
About the Sessions
My consulting room is located on 29 City Mill Lane in Gibraltar.
Individual Sessions last 50 minutes and the fee is £70 per session.
Couple Sessions last 50 minutes and the fee is £80 per session.
Sessions are strictly confidential.
My consulting room in London is located on 5 Wormwood Street in the City of London.
Individual Sessions last 50 minutes and the fee is £100 per session.
Couple Sessions last 50 minutes and the fee is £120 per session.
FABIO D'APICE QUALIFICATIONS
- MA, Consulting and leading in organisations: psychodynamic and systemic approaches (Tavistock, UK)
- PG Dip, Gestalt Executive Coaching and Organisational Development Consultancy (Regent's College, UK)
- Executive Director of the International Society for Psychoanalytic Study of Organisations (ISPSO)
- Emotional Intelligence Accredited Coach (BarOn, UK)
- Action Learning Coach (WIAL, USA)
- MBTI® Accredited Practitioner (Myers-Briggs Foundation, NYC)
- Member of the Association for Coaching (UK)